Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's Begining to Feel Like Christmas


 The days are getting shorter by about 30 minutes. We have been having some tropical storms with lots of rain so the days are cooler and it has felt good the last couple of days. The only problem is the showers are also cooler. I hope to put up a star and my nativity this week. I bought one of the woven stars that we have seen along the road. I had to buy a small one so I could bring it home with me. I found where they sell some hand carved wood nativities and want to go looking. Now to just find the time. We decorated the office just like last year. It looks very Christmas-y. I will have to take another picture of it to post. And once my decorations get up I will have to take a picture of my star and shell nativity. Our decorations are very minimal but we aren't home much so its okay.

This is from the hilltop coming from the mission home and looking
out over the valley. The clouds were especially beautiful that day.
 Took a different road to PT and came across this huge cemetery with Mausoleums. 
No wonder people stay over night in them. They are nicer than a lot of homes.


 Christmas is here. Loved how they  decorated this home with stars.
 We went over to Lapu Lapu  to help missionaries move (Lapu Lapu is on Mactan Island which is connected to Cebu by a bridge). They had just had a big Fiesta and all the different groups decorated the trees for Christmas going down the median of town. They used a lot of recycled plastic bottles in their decor.






 This is our subdivision decorated for the holidays. 
They have put the stars up on all the trees along the roadway.

Our neighbors have put this up and it makes all kinds of designs in lights.
Very fun to watch as it flashes in the different patterns and colors.
Bogo Decorations. Across the street from the church
Love seeing these woven trees for sale along the road
I would so buy one of these trees if I had a way to get it home.
The picture does not do it justice.
 

1 comment:

  1. They don't look like christmas decorations to me very much, but fun and festive! I also love those stars on the porch very pretty!

    ReplyDelete