Friday, October 10, 2014

Turkey Garra Ruea Fish Spa

Diane who also works in the office with us wanted to do this fish spa. And thought that since my birthday was coming up we should go there to celebrate my birthday. Not my first choice for celebrating my day but then she really wanted to go. Sister Tanner joined us and we made a day of it. Doing the spa thing and then going for lunch and to the mall. The office seemed to do just fine without us and it was nice to do something special. For P50 (just over $1.00) for 15 minutes it was worth trying. But I am thinking it will just be a one time experience.


The therapeutic facts. I guess you can say anything you want if its your sign. 
However, I am not a believer. But it looks good on a sign. 


I was the first one to put my feet in and they literally swarmed to my feet and legs. But as soon as the others put their feet in they spread out and it wasn't quite so creepily overwhelming having so many fish all over you. They aren't supposed to have teeth but there was one big dude that keep nibbling behind my knee and it had a pinch to it and wasn't comfortable. I kept trying to make him move on but he kept coming back. They basically stayed around my ankles, which means they were treating my back, which is a problem so maybe there is something to it.








Beautiful orchids. They put them in the trees and you have these pretty flowers 
coming out of the trees. Apparently orchids do not need soil to grow.

We followed this pig cart all the way to the office the other day. 
It looks like they still have some growing to do before they go to the market. 
They were a noisy bunch and didn't seem to enjoy the ride.


Dad and I found a Japanese restaurant next to the grocery market that we enjoy. Often when we do our weekly shopping we will find a place to stop and have some lunch. They have the best soup pots here. Every thing we have ordered here has been very tasty. One of the best parts is that it is rather quiet and not noisy. The mall blares music constantly and its nice to get away from it.


Selling flowers from buckets behind your motor.  

Lots of fiestas this week. We were invited to one by some friends. 
Their mother was catering food to it and it would have been wonderful to go, 
They have great parties here with lots of food and music but we will be going over
 to Bohol Island for a Senior's Conference next weekend and won't be able to attend.






The stores are ready for Christmas with their displays. Most of the decorations remind me 
of the dollar store decorations, lots of cheap looking plastic. Our neighbors have their 
Christmas lights and trees up. Christmas music is playing everywhere we go. 
But it just doesn't feel like Christmas yet.


1 comment:

  1. The orchids are beautiful! Christmas is coming too soon as it is...slowdown! I want to try the fish spa if ever I make it to the philippines for a visit!

    ReplyDelete