Sunday, November 30, 2014

Bohol Conference

Arrived safety in Bohol. We took the ferry to Tubigon on a fast ferry.
It was only a 1 hour ride and seas were calm. 
We visted the Tubigon weaving place again. I was the only one who had seen it before. I asked them about the dying of the fibers so they took me out back and showed me how they dye the fibers. 
Blue is the color today. 

Dying over a hot fire



Fibers before color added

Fibers drying

Green fibers drying on a line

Weaving


Loved the purple. They put umbrellas behind them in the slats to protect the workers from the sun


Fibers corded and ready to dye

While in Tubigon we looked at a house the missionaries will be living in.
The stairs were steep so I didn't venture up them.

A chocolate hill in the center of town. The earthquake caused it to slide.
They are working on it so that it doesn't slide and cause more damage.

At the chocolate hills.
These are different hills than we went to last time we visited Bohol. I liked this site better.

Beautiful view of the Chocolate Hills.

1 comment:

  1. Looks interesting to see the fibers dyed. And chocolate hills? I don't remember when you visited them before I guess. I'm glad you were able to attend the conference

    ReplyDelete