Saturday, November 22, 2014

Healing


Physical Therapy Building
My arm is looking better and the healing is happening. Still a lot of swelling. However I was disappointed in the xray results they did. The bone is mending but they won't advance my Physical Therapy because the bone density still is not good and they are worried about damage to the repair if they do more aggressive physical therapy. They make it sound like it could be many more months. This going to PT 3 times a week could get expensive let alone all the time it takes. I can tell that I am healing but not as fast as I had hoped. I still deal with more pain than I would like. I can not lift my arm at all with out assistance but then I am not supposed to. I can work from the elbow down but some days my elbow and hands throb. I guess I should be happy that at least I have full range of motion for my elbow now and can move my fingers.The fingers are stiff in the morning but loosen up as the day goes on. I am having problems with my thumb joint. Apparently osteoarthritis is affecting my hand. They call it basal joint arthritis, Pain occurs at the base of my thumb when I grip, grasp or pinch an object between my thumb and forefinger or use my thumb to apply force. I feel like my body is falling apart on me. If you have gone through menopause you need to get a bone density test. My PT doctor did his paper on Bonviva and said it really does what it claims, restores bone density. I should have been taking it long before now. I was mistaken in thinking that taking Calcium was sufficient. 
Looking good, still some swelling. using Vitamin E on it.
They have decorated all the trees outside the Physical Therapy building with these big stars for Christmas. Many stores and municipalities use the stars for the decorations. We have some less elaborate ones for the office. Pulled them down from the mission home attic and will have to put them up this week. They are pretty festive.
     


We see some pretty interesting art work on our way to PT. They love bright colors here and it shows in the art work on the walls, over passes and posts. This area is just around the corner from where I go for PT. The sign that says "Shabu users never grow old because they die young" should be posted everywhere, (Shabu means Drug). The missionaries say that most of the Habal Habal (motorcycles that give rides to people) drivers are either drunk or on drugs. They try to find a responsible one and use the same one. That's probably why we see motorcycles are all over the road. They weave in and around cars and even go on the wrong side of the road. They are crazy in their driving and to see them you think, they don't value their life. We see motorcycle accidents daily

>










What do you think gender responsive means? Subangdaku is a name of the Barangay. and Mandaue is the Municipality. From the street it looks like Subangdaku is a crowded community that is walled in. 















2 comments:

  1. Your arm really looks good mom. Hope you continue to do well

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of your arm is much prettier than the last one you posted. I sorry to hear that the bone density isn't good enough. Is that something we need to be worried about as your daughters? I love their holiday decorations!

    ReplyDelete