Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snorkeling at Balicasag

We were looking forward to a great time and it was a great time.
We had a Senior missionary activity to Bohol. 
We had planned the activity for the week before but there was a tropical storm and the weather was not good and so we postponed it for a week.  

We went to the Bee Farm for Dinner the night we arrived. It sits on the water and has wonderful food. I had Honey glazed chicken, red rice, and the most delicious and beautiful  salad. I had it last time we went and it was so good I did a repeat.They grow much of their own food and use organic food for their menu.
View from restaurant

Doesn't it look wonderful. It was very tasty.

All our Senior missionaries in the Cebu East Mission


The next morning we got up early and headed out to the water at 6:00 am. It was not sunny as you can tell. The water was very choppy and rainy. We were drenched by the time we arrived at the island  of Balicasag. The plan was to see the Dolphins before heading to the reef for snorkeling. The dolphins are spiral dolphins but they were a no show. So we kept heading towards Balicasag.
Balicasag is a fairly small island.

With the rain and water we were pretty cold.

Several other boats were out on the water with us

This young boy would walk the beams to get from one end of the boat to he other.

We landed, and had to wade to the island. We saw the most beautiful blue star fish.
But we passed them before I could get my camera ready. I thought I would see some on the way back out but missed them.
 I don't have any pictures of us snorkeling. but hope I can borrow some later from Sister Tanner to share. It was amazing. The water was crystal clear and the coral reef wasn't very far out. We took another smaller boat to the reef. The guide actually walked and pulled the boat behind him. No ladder, so you just jump in and when you are done you have to boost yourself up with lots of help and climb back in the boat. The snorkeling was wonderful. Beautiful fish, including Nemo and all his friends. We fed them bread from our hands as we snorkeled. The coral was amazing. We didn't get to see any turtles this time. Dad went a little further out than I did and he saw where the the reef just dropped away and you could see into No-mans land, except it was water, that was very clear with no end. He could see divers swimming around with their gear. I am glad I didn't see the drop off, I think it would have made me uncomfortable. He also saw a water snake, which I am glad I didn't see. Loved the experience, it was beautiful.

Borrowed this picture of the blue star fish.

At the end of our outing. We went back to the Hotel and took turns showering in the President's room so we wouldn't have to go back  to Cebu on the ferry wet and salty. A great Senior Outing.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you were able to go, looks like tons of fun, but cold. I'd love to see sis. tanner's pictures

    ReplyDelete