Saturday, August 30, 2014

Favorite photos this week

A stand selling Buko juice which is Coconut juice


Funeral home. All the caskets here seem to be white. If I die I hope they take me home.
Something about the funeral homes here just doesn't suit me.

A kubol home.
A Filipino trailer house. Small and mobile

See this woman almost every day.
She is carrying banana leaves in her container. Her skirts have these big pockets in front.
There are several women who dress very similar and it looks like they are all carrying banana leaves.

Baskets on their way to market

The yellow Styrofoam containers usually mean Buko juice for sale

That's a lot of chickens must be a party going on or he is taking them to roast and sell.

The Lilo-an garbage truck.
Men in rubber boots will stomp it down so they can add more

The road to the office.
 Just hope the motorcycles will move over as we approach them

Looks like field workers delivering their goods
Sweet and juicy watermelon all year long

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a hard working, yet in some ways a simpler way of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I wish we could have watermelon all year long! It is my favorite fruit/melon and I love being able to have it during the summer. Yum!

    ReplyDelete